Saturday, May 14, 2011

Expert Slacking

Today I was going to accomplish something before work (at 1:00). Like maybe hang that shelf in the bathroom, or practice viola (didn't want to break my streak), or write that blog post I've been meaning to get tackle since April...


But instead, I...
-took a short walk with Kevin in the cool morning, then continued on to my Moms' house, while he rode off to work
-ate eggs in a basket with Rosie
-watched her parade various clothing options through the new kitchen ("This one twirls goodly," she said, and Mom and I waited til she'd skipped out of the room to laugh)
-rode my bike all the way home (and it wasn't as difficult as I'd remembered--I must be getting in shape)
-chatted and made plans for coffee with an old friend (a recently rekindled relationship)
-took a long, hot bath
-read the book for my Spanish book club
-took a nap


...and now I'm at work, and everything is fine. My only regret is not practicing. It was a particularly good streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment